A Udyog Aadhar number, which is a unique identifying number, is provided to Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) (MSMEs). The Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises issues it. However, the Udyog Aadhar registration has recently been changed to Udyam Registration. New MSMEs must register with the Udyam Registration Portal as soon as possible to acquire an Udyam Certificate.
All companies that are currently Udyog Aadhar-registered should re-register on the Udyam Registration Portal. Firms that registered under Udyog Aadhar before June 30, 2020, will have their registrations valid until December 31, 2021. MSMEs that have an Udyog Aadhar Certificate must re-register on the Udyam Registration Portal by December 31, 2021.
What is the Udyog Aadhar number?
After registering with the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, MSMEs are granted a twelve-digit Unique Identification Number or Udyog Aadhar.
The Government of India has replaced Udyog Aadhar with Udaym. Through the Udyam Registration site, any firm that meets the MSME criteria can get Udaym Registration for their business.
What is an Aadhar Udyog Certificate?
MSMEs that are registered with the Ministry of MSME receive a Udyog Aadhar Certificate. The enterprise’s Udyog Aadhar Number appears on the Udyog Aadhar Certificate.
Businesses with a Udyog Aadhar Certificate must now re-register and use the Udyam Registration Portal to obtain the Udyam Registration Certificate. The Udyam Registration Certificate contains the company’s unique registration number and qualifies it to the benefits offered by the Indian government to SMEs.
Registration for Udyog Aadhar:
An Udyam Registration Certificate may be obtained in two ways using the Udyam Registration Portal. The following are the details:
- New business owners who haven’t yet registered as an MSME
- Those who have registered as UAM or EM-II, as well as those who have registered as EM-II or UAM through Assisted Filing.
The procedure for registering is as follows:
- New MSMEs should go to the portal’s homepage and click the “For New Entrepreneurs who are Not Registered as MSME” option, then fill out the registration form online.
- Entrepreneurs have the option of registering their businesses with or without a PAN number. They must give all PAN card details for verification, as well as personal information, business information, and bank information, before submitting the form.
- After submitting the form, a successful MSME registration notification will display, along with a reference number. The MSMEs receive the Udyam Registration Certificate within a few days after the registration is verified.
- MSMEs with Udyog Aadhar Registration should go to the portal’s homepage and click the “For those with registration as EM-II or UAM” or “For those with registration as EM-II or UAM through Assisted filing” button.
- They must complete the registration data and their registration will be complete under the new Udyam Registration.
Who are eligible for Udyog Aadhar?
Almost all companies in India, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, HUFs, limited companies, production companies, LLPs, co-operative societies, and so on, can apply for the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises category if they meet the other criteria outlined in the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Act 2006. The firm that wants to participate in the process must first read this Act, and if it satisfies the requirements, it may apply for a Udyog Aadhar card and register its business under the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises category.
Documents required for the Udyog Aadhar application:
The name and Aadhar number of the company owner:
- The document states that the social categories are OBC, SC, and ST.
- The company’s name, as well as information on the company’s original registration procedure.
- Supporting documentation for the organisation’s kind.
- Documents pertaining to the postal address and bank account information.
- Code for National Industrial Classification.
- Details on the Pan card
Udyog Aadhar’s Advantages:
Companies that register for Udyog Aadhar receive a number of benefits. One of the nicest aspects is how simple and straightforward the registration procedure is. Because you fill out the form online and submit the papers, the procedure eliminates nearly all paper effort. The following are some of the perks available to firms that are classified as Micro Small and Medium Enterprises:
- The excise charge is waived.
- Exemption from direct taxation
- Fees for filing patent and trademark applications are subsidised.
- The CGSE Scheme provides coverage.
- Under the government’s lending programs, you can receive a loan with a low-interest rate. Under this category, the loan amounts are also guaranteed.
- If your firm exhibits at a foreign business fair, the government will offer you a cash boost.
- Your firm may take advantage of all other government incentives, increasing overall income.
- Your firm will also receive subsidised power.
- When your firm applies for government tenders, it will be granted additional exemptions if it is classified as a Micro Small and Medium Enterprise.
Suggested Read- udyam registration portal
These are significant advantages offered to firms that fall within the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises category, allowing them to compete and expand in a competitive environment. The primary motivation for the government to implement such a plan is to promote overall economic growth and the development of all categories and sectors of the Indian economy.