The investor visa program has seen a substantial growth in the number of green-card holders over the last few years. If you are interested in immigrating to the United States on a permanent basis, the investor visa program is for you. The investor visa program allows foreign nationals with investment capital to obtain permanent residency status.
The Eb5 Visa Investors Program program provides immigrant investors with direct access to permanent residency. As an investor, you can bring family members to the United ia with you and enjoy full participation in employment, education, and freedom of movement. All that for a small amount of capital investment!
This blog will discuss what is the EB-5 investor visa program? What are its requirements? How does it benefit you as an applicant or investor? We will also touch upon investment requirements for this program and benefits of applying for it.
How to Submit an EB-5 Investor Petition
– The EB-5 investor visa program is for individuals who invest at least $500,000 in a new commercial enterprise that creates at us of 10 full-time jobs.
– To qualify for the investor visa program, you must have investment capital of $1 million or more, and employment-based immigrant status.
– In addition to the investment capital and job creation, you must also demonstrate past financial and active involvement in the business. You can use personal assets or a family trust to show investment capital.
– You can rely on documentation like investor visa petition, investor letter of approval, EB-5 visa petition, minimum investment funds receipt, employment certificate, lease agreement with employment term, and other documents as evidence of your investment and job creation.
– Canadians must file an I-526 petition and provide supporting documentation to demonstrate that they have invested the required capital in a new commercial enterprise that will create at least ten full-time jobs.
What is the EB-5 Investor Visa Program?
– The EB-5 visa program is designed for foreign investors who are willing to invest in and create jobs in the U.S. economy through government-approved projects.
– To qualify, investors must invest at least $800,000 in a targeted employment area (TEA) of a commercial enterprise that creates jobs for at least 10 permanent residents of the United States.
– Under this program, permanent residency can be obtained after visa holder has been residing in the U.S for two years, is able to support themselves financially, and has met other eligibility requirements set by the USCIS.
– In 2017, the EB-5 visa program received over 13,500 immigrant investor visa applications and approved nearly 5,300 investor visas for foreign citizens investing capital in commercial real estate projects and green jobs creation programs across the country.
– A permanent resident visa holder under EB-5 visa program must have a job offer from a commercial enterprise or green job creation program sponsoring organization and must invest $500,000 or more in a commercial enterprise or green job creation program
– The investor visa program provides foreign individuals with an opportunity to immigrate to the U.S on a temporary basis with the aim of creating jobs and investment opportunities for permanent residents of the country.
Investment Requirements for the EB-5 Visa Program
– To qualify for an EB-5 visa, investors must invest at least $800,000 in a project located in a high unemployment area, or $1,050,000 outside of a high unemployment area.
– These investments must create or preserve a minimum of 10 full-time positions for U.S. workers. This means that the jobs created by the investment must be direct jobs (i.e., jobs that involve employment of employees rather than self- employment).
– The jobs created must be employment positions (i.e., jobs involving employment of individuals who are not members of the investor’s immediate family).
– The investor cannot receive capital gains from this investment for at least 2 years after it is made and 10 years after the green card petition is approved for citizenship.
Benefits of the EB-5 Investor Visa Program
The EB-5 investor visa program is a pathway for foreign investors to obtain permanent residence in the United States. The program allows foreign investors to obtain green cards, which enable them to become permanent residents of the U.S., after investing USD500,000 in commercial enterprise capital or job creation projects.
There are no minimum education or language requirements for the program, making it accessible to investors of all backgrounds and experiences. The investment visa provides a path to citizenship after five years of residency in the U.S., making it an attractive immigration option for foreign investors who may have limited access to permanent residency status through other visa options, such as employment-based immigration and family-based immigrant visas.
The investment visa program provides another pathway for foreign investors seeking green card status and permanent residency in the United States. It offers a flexible and streamlined process for investor green card application and approval, offering investors a new path to permanent residency in the U.S.
With its beneficial economic, commercial, and investment-based benefits, the investment visa program has steadily gained popularity among foreign investment communities worldwide.
Though the investor visa program is targeted for foreign investors, there are no minimum investment amounts for resident visa-holders to apply. Resident visa-holders can submit investor visa applications for family members and business enterprise investors residing outside of the U.S. The investor visa program does not require a job offer or sponsorship from a U.S. resident or business enterprise investor, though it helps if an applicant has access to capital funds. If you are looking for permanent residence in the U.S., consider applying for the investor visa program. You can learn more about it by reading our blog on the investor visa program!